Inspired by the glamour of Old Hollywood, Sabina’s wedding won first place with poise and polish! Here’s how you can recreate this winning wedding:
Sabina set her scene with a picturesque ceremony backdrop, reciting her vows beneath a lakefront gazebo accented with flowers on crystal stands as well as set in hanging baskets. Her tented reception received rave reviews with strategically placed black-and-white damask table linens, and touches of pink in satin chair bows. She completed her ritzy look with crystal pedestal and votive candleholders, and tall silver and crystal candelabra centerpieces topped with ostrich feathers.
- Splurge: Bring a tent wedding to the next level with extravagant lighting like chandeliers and twinkle lights, and pair it with lush, dramatic ceiling draping.
- Save: Ostrich feathers are a great way to add a lavish flair to your décor at a great price, and can be used to add height to centerpieces or fullness to a flower arrangement.
Starting off big, Sabina’s meal was introduced with an appetizer buffet that included everything from antipasto to omelets to ethnic dishes, and even pizza. She followed up with penne pasta as her first course, an unconventional but eye-catching kabob entrée, and a fruit-topped, ice cream-filled crêpe for dessert. Keeping the dishes en vogue – Sabina cut into her pink damask decorated cake, and ended the evening by treating her guests to a fish taco food truck.
- Splurge: Food trucks are a novel and trendy way to treat your guests to a late-night snack – made to order!
- Save: To stand out like Sabina, choose a less traditional entrée like her kabobs, which will give your meal a tasty, outside-the-box edge.
Sabina’s first dress was a beautiful bridal ball gown with a sweetheart neckline, satin corset bodice draped with a tulle overlay, and a full tulle skirt embellished with asymmetrical organza petals around the waist. Her second dress was a vintage-sleek silhouette with a halter-top and crystal belt hugging at the hips. Both were paired with a side worn, feathered birdcage fascinator – for a look that was very Old Hollywood!
- Splurge: Sabina wanted to have the traditional bridal gown, but also wanted to show off her sexy side and play up her glamorous theme – a second dress is a sure way to get a bit of both worlds.
- Save: If you want the traditional gown but still some foxy flavour, experiment with era-inspired hair, makeup and accessories to add to your look.
This bride prided herself on knowing how to throw one helluva party – and she did not disappoint with lively music, exuberant belly dancers, and a spectacle of fireworks that gave this swanky affair blockbuster status!
- Splurge: Dazzle your guests with a stunning display of colourful fireworks! It’s fun and awe inspiring for guests of all ages.
- Save: For that little bit of sizzle, opt for a sparkler exit – give all of your guests sparklers to light at your final exit and form a tunnel for you and your hubby to pass through on your way out, it’s a fun way to say goodbye and will also give you some amazing pictures!
Written by Four Weddings Canada.