As the first and only New York City-born housewife in the history of the show, Aviva possesses a natural poise and grace that reflects her big city roots. As a full time Mom and philanthropist, Aviva gravitates towards sophisticated pieces in feminine silhouettes that flatter her willowy frame. Aviva’s look is all about understated glamour: lots of soft, muted colours; tailored shapes and dramatic accents in sumptuous materials like fur and leather. It’s clear that style-wise, Aviva will be one to watch this season.
If you’re looking to inject your wardrobe with a bit of Manhattan sophistication, here’s how to get Aviva’s look:
1. Shearling-trimmed coat: Make a statement this season with a dramatic shearling-trimmed coat like this waxed leather jacket by Karl Donoghue (£1,500). Stylish as it is cozy, a shearling- or faux fur-trimmed piece of outerwear adds an instant dose of big city glamour into your wardrobe.
2. Knee-length lace dress: Similar to the dress that Aviva wore to Sonja’s party in the season five premiere, a knee-length dress like this one by Great Plains (£135) is a nice mix of demure romance and sex appeal, making it a great go-to piece for your next holiday party.
3. Tie-front blouse: Look pulled together in a sweet, tie-front blouse like this one by Orla Kiely ($325). Surprisingly versatile, a tie-front blouse looks cute paired with skinny jeans and pointy toed flats for brunch with the girls, or with a pair of wide leg trousers for a day at the office.
4. Taupe wide-leg trousers: A pair of wide-leg trousers like this Gardeur Berta by John Lewis (£95) pair are a wardrobe basic that will never go out of style and have a distinct “menswear chic” vibe.
5. Faux-fur stole: Aviva loves her fur accents. Add some drama to your outfit instead of your social life, with a faux-fur stole like this one by Jane Norman (£14). Chic and on-trend, a stole is a fun and inexpensive way to give new life to last winter’s jacket.
6. Structured leather tote: Channel your inner socialite with a large, structured tote like this one by Yves St Laurent (US $2,450) that screams out old world sophistication (and money).
7. Jewelled statement ring: A romantic, vintage-inspired cocktail ring like this 1920s Art Deco diamond ring ($2,650) is an elegant accessory for any holiday look.
8. Stiletto ankle booties: Add some extra height and style to your ensemble with killer ankle booties like these ones by Casadei ($1,021). A sexy pair of booties look edgy and sophisticated when paired with a pair of dark opaque tights and your favorite dress.
9. Black pencil skirt: Another excellent wardrobe basic, a sexy black pencil skirt like this one by Donna Karan (US $695) plays double duty as workplace attire and also something you can wear out for a night with friends.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.