Have you been watching Bomb Girls on Global TV? Getting an inside look at the fab fashion from the 1940s has quickly become one of our fave parts of tuning in. Since Gladys’ style (seen here on the left in an image from tonight’s episode!) makes us want to melt even on the chilliest days, we’ll be copying this chic look for ourselves — and our BFFs — this winter.
Here’s how to stay warm and stylish with a fresh new take on an old-school look:
1. Faux fur collar: There’s nothing quite like a little fur to make an outfit more glam, and this removable option from Oliver Bonas ($38) is sure to take your winter coat to new heights.
2. Wool coat: A coloured coat, especially this wine red option from Romwe (US $143), is a surefire way to heat up any cold-weather ensemble.
3. Rhinestone pin: This pretty pin from Forever 21 ($10) fits perfectly on top of your hat or coat for an added layer of sophistication.
4. Bowler hat: Take cover from the wind chill (and any bad hair days) with this cute Topshop hat (£26) that gives a nod to the past.
5. Stud earrings: Keep your class-factor at an all time high with chic earrings like these Forever 21 gold and black studs ($5).
6. Dainty clutch: This Zara clutch ($80) is handbag heaven — it’ll amp up your look day or night.
7. Matching leather gloves: Add a touch of leather with these Aldo gloves ($20) in a colour that complements your standout coat.