From her fashion-icon wardrobe on Gossip Girl to her stunning red-carpet looks, Blake Lively has become known, both on-screen and off, for blending elegant high fashion pieces with unexpected, quirky accessories. She’s managed to create a look that is young and glamorous with just the right amount of edge.
The star of this summer’s sexy action movie Savages was recently spotted on the season six set of Gossip Girl wearing an Alice and Olivia chain-embellished top and a floral maxi skirt by Haute Hippie American Woman paired with an Emilio Pucci purse and stunning Christian Louboutin “Bollywoody” sequined and embroidered turquoise platform pumps.
Love Blake’s look but don’t want to max out your credit card to make it happen? We’ve come up with a few tips on how to get Blake’s luxurious bohemian inspired ensemble without breaking the bank:
1. Colour-blocked clutch: Instead of splurging on the multi-coloured mosaic purse by Emilio Pucci that Blake is carrying (which retails for approximately $1400), grab a stylish budget-conscious alternative like this gorgeous colour-blocked clutch from Mod Cloth ($40).
2. Gold starfish charm necklace: With her mermaid-like locks and sun-kissed complexion, Blake always looks right at home in looks that are whimsical, bordering on ethereal. Get in touch with your inner mermaid and adorn your neck in a delicate 18K gold starfish pendant like this one by Catherine Weitzman ($93, available at Max and Chloe).
3. Coral coloured tank: Swap Blake’s pricey Alice and Olivia top for this pretty coral Georgette tank by Debenhams ($16). Wear it tucked into a skirt or loose with a pair of jeans for a casual weekend outfit.
4. Floral maxi skirt: Blake is working the boho-chic look in a printed maxi skirt by Haute Hippie American Woman ($425). To get the same haute hippie look without the haute price tag, this pink blossom asymmetrical maxi skirt by Topshop ($98) provides a very stylish alternative.
5. Turquoise embellished pump: To avoid having this outfit come off as pristine, Blake pairs her flowing, romantic skirt with a pair of sky high turquoise embellished Christian Louboutin pumps. But unless you’re willing to spend the price of a small vehicle on a pair of shoes that you won’t be wearing everyday (the shoes retail for more than $2000), you might agree that these sexy “spikes and studs” pumps by Shoe Republic LA ($49, available at LuLus) are a much better fit for your budget.
6. Gold stud earrings: When the rest of your outfit is quite dramatic, it’s best to keep your jewellery more subtle. Unfortunately we’re not able to get up close enough to see exactly what kind of earrings Blake is wearing, but we imagine it would probably be something classic and understated like these 14K gold ball earrings by Blue Nile ($49).
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.