Rising star Emma Stone is already proving to be quite the fashion plate. This summer, she nailed the downtown, preppy-chic look when she arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theatre in NYC to make an appearance on the Late Show, wearing a classic Burberry trench coat, a cropped white blouse, dark skinny jeans and Jimmy Choo black pumps. The Gangster Squad star dazzled TV audiences in a stunning purple dress with a beaded waistband – proving that she’s one to watch both onscreen and off. If you’re looking to inject your wardrobe with a touch of Emma’s classic Hollywood glamour, here’s how to get Emma’s city chic look without cashing out your 401K:
1. Purple silk dress: Love Emma’s purple dress that she wore on David Letterman? We suggest trying on this draped silk charmeuse dress by Ports 1961 ($268, available at The Outnet). The price tag definitely makes this more of an investment piece, however it’s still much more affordable than Emma’s version and the kind of beautiful piece you’re likely to wear again and again.
2. Classic trench coat: A well-fitted trench coat never goes out of style. Although most of us can’t afford a Burberry original like Emma is wearing (unless of course, we decided to remortgage our condo) this classic trench by MICHAEL Michael Kors ($176, available at eLUXE) is a more wallet-friendly splurge. Wear it with jeans or over top of your favourite dress – either way, you’re sure to be wearing this jacket for years.
3. Cropped white blouse: A classic white blouse in a cropped style like this one by MTWTFSS ($40, available at Weekday) looks chic and fashion forward when paired with skinny jeans or a pair of dressy shorts.
4. Snake-print clutch: Finish your look with a stylish clutch like this snakeskin print leather and burlap one by BCBG Max Azria ($59, available at The Outnet) Incredibly versatile, this clutch is perfect for nights out or for carrying around your essentials as you jaunt around town.
5. Black patent leather pump: Get the look of Emma’s shiny Jimmy Choos at a fraction of the price with these black Blink stilettos ($64, available at Republic).
6. Skinny dark denim: Another good investment piece – a pair of dark skinny jeans like these ones by J Brand ($98, available at Ambience) can easily be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion. Wear them like Emma does with a pair of sexy heels or pair them with your favourite pair of casual flat boots. However you wear them, you’ll look chic and pulled together.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.
Image: Gerald Geronimo via Wikimedia Commons.