When it comes to looking their best, the Real Housewives of New Jersey rarely have a fake eye-lash or hairsprayed tendril out of place. Real Housewife Melissa Gorga is no exception. She looked stunning during the tumultuous three-part Season 4 reunion show in a shimmering gold and nude cut-away peplum dress by PasCucci Couture. For the Real Housewives of New Jersey, “more is always more” when it comes to accessories. Melissa finished her look with several well-chosen, sparkling diamond and crystal pieces.
With New Year’s Eve parties on the horizon, most of us are looking to kick our wardrobe up a notch. Here’s how to get Melissa’s golden, ethereal look while keeping your budget intact:
1. Gold sequin embellished dress: The dress Melissa wore on the reunion show currently retails at close to $200. This stunning gold and cream dress by Chiara (£25) is a lovely alternative for a fraction of the price. We adore the peek-a-boo design of bodice and how the delicate gold sequins contrast against the flowing cream chiffon shirt.
2. Gold sequined belt: We love the belted style of Melissa’s dress. Highlight your waistline and pull together your look with a skinny and oh-so-glam belt like this one by C-Wonder ($28)
3. Coordinating metallic clutch: a light coloured clutch like this gold pleated chevron evening bag by Jenny Packham (£55) is a classic piece that you can wear again and again for seasons to come. Splurge on a light, neutral-coloured clutch and you have the perfect accessory come wedding season.
4. Neutral makeup: To prevent your outfit from looking too much like a costume, keep your makeup neutral with a sexy earth-tone-based palette like this Casablanca lip gloss collection by Cargo ($25).
5. Gold nails: Add some shimmer to your manicure and pedicure with a sophisticated gold hue like “Good as Gold” by Essie ($9)
6. Diamond Bangle: This vintage-inspired pave “Forget me Knot” bangle by C-Wonder ($58) is sweet and sexy without being too over the top.
7. Cocktail ring: A gold and crystal embellished cocktail ring like this one by Max and Chloe ($100) adds instant glamour to any outfit you pair it with. It’s a bit of a splurge but the kind of piece that you can wear forever. Wear it alone or layer it with other accessories for a more dramatic effect.
8. Neutral lips: Keep your lip color neutral and glossy with a nude lip gloss like Hoola Ultra Plush by Benefit Cosmetics ($18).
9. Gold dressy sandals: Melissa loves her Jimmy Choos, but if the thought of dropping the equivalent of a mortgage payment on a pair of stilettos gives you an instant panic attack, check out these sexy gold sandals (US $76).
Do you love The Real Housewives of New Jersey? Why not catch up on the latest Real Housewives of New York City episodes, right here on Slice.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.
Image credit: Melissa Gorga close-up: Mike Coppola/Getty images