As one of Hollywood’s top leading ladies, Julia Roberts is known for her sophisticated and pared-down style. Whether she’s rocking a flawless red-carpet look or keeping things casual, this Oscar winner and busy Mom of three likes to stick to a lot of neutral colors and classic shapes for an elegant look that lets her natural beauty take centre stage.
Looking to inject your holiday wardrobe with some of Julia’s understated Hollywood glamour? Here’s how to do it:
1. Short black dress: Julia looks fabulous in classic black pieces that flatter her leggy frame. This short flowy dress by Elizabeth and James ($401) fits the bill perfectly. With it’s non-clingy cut and leg flattering length, this LBD is a great option for your next holiday party or red carpet appearance.
2. Medallion necklace: Add some shine and shimmer to your little black dress with a bold medallion pendant. This sparkling medallion necklace featuring a Hamsa Hand motif (US $55) is perfect for Eat, Pray, Love star Roberts.
3. Tuxedo blazer: Julia loves to rock menswear inspired looks like this stunning tuxedo blazer by All Saints (US $295). Pair a tuxedo inspired jacket with an LBD or a pair of sleek black pants and you have a glamorous yet understated party look.
4. Grey shawl cardigan: When running around town and spending time with her family, Julia favours cozy basics like this oversized grey shawl cardigan by Topshop (£55). Paired with your favourite jeans and some riding boots you have a look that’s equally comfortable and pulled together.
5. Statement earrings: When it comes to jewellery, Julia is often spotted wearing delicate pieces that are boho-inspired like these Miguel Ases Blue Jade Double Medallion Drop Earrings ($180).
6. Riding boots: There is something so classic about a great pair of riding boots — which could be why Julia is often spotted wearing them. A pair of cognac-coloured riding boots ($250) look awesome paired with your favourite denim, leggings or thick pair of tights.
7. Flared trouser jeans: Laid-back and sophisticated, a pair of trouser jeans like these ones by MIH ($225) flatter wider hips and can easily be dressed up by adding a blazer and heels.
8. Embellished black peep-toe pump: Classic with just the right amount of embellishment, a pair of gold-accented peep-toe pumps ($225) will take your holiday outfit to the next level.
9. Burnt orange structured tote: Add some zing to neutral or monochromatic outfit with a structured tote in a bold colour like burnt orange. Although Julia has been known to carry the original Hermes version, we love this more budget-friendly faux-croc tote ($79).
Watch Julia this weekend in Eat, Pray, Love on December 29th at 9pm, only on Slice.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.
Julia Roberts image credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images