Sophisticated and sexy, Sonja Morgan is always the life of the party. It’s not surprising that Sonja’s personal style is an eclectic mix of classic American elegance and whimsical pieces that reflect her flirtatious, fun-loving personality.
If you’d like all eyes to be on you when you enter a room, here’s how to inject some of Sonja’s signature style into your wardrobe this season:
1. Metallic sequined dress: This sassy housewife and toaster oven maven loves to make an entrance in pieces that exude classic glamour like this sexy gold sequined one-shoulder dress by Opulance England (US $215). Between the fitted cut and the gorgeous sequined details, you’ll be impossible to miss.
2. Lace top: A fitted lace top like this one by Emilio Pucci (US $1795) s the perfect mix of flirtatious sex appeal and demure sophistication. Pair it with a tailored pencil skirt or a pair of skinny pants for your next night out with the girls.
3. Jewelled headband: Sonja loves her headbands — especially if they include pretty embellishments like this Asos jewel-encrusted satin headband ($22).
4. Camel-coloured jacket: Add a touch of classic American sophistication to your wardrobe with a fitted camel-coloured blazer like this Camel Hair Hasting Jacket by Ralph Lauren ($920). Pair it with your favorite skinnies and a pair of riding boots for a sophisticated, equestrian-inspired look.
5. Gold statement necklace: Sonja is a fan of elegant and eye-catching statement jewellery, like this gold statement necklace ($30) that is perfect for adding a bit of pop to an otherwise simple outfit. The geometric design gives the piece a bit of edge while the faux diamond detailing is nothing short of glamorous.
6. Equestrian trousers: Nothing says “all American sophistication” like equestrian-inspired styling. Switch out your usual pair of jeggings or skinny jeans for some jodhpur trousers (US $95). Pair them with your favourite sweater and boot combo for an elegant, pulled-together look.
7. Flat riding boots: No cold weather wardrobe is complete without the perfect pair of black riding boots. Paired with a camel-coloured jacket and your favorite skinnies, these Aldo flat boots ($200) fit the bill.
8. Animal print clutch: A fun alternative to plain black, this Mendola leopard clutch ($80) adds a touch of animal instinct to your evening attire. Carry it as a clutch or wear it with the chain strap to keep your hands free.
9. Feather mini skirt: Have fun ruffling some feathers in a playful feather mini-skirt like this Brunello Cuncinelli skirt (US $2295).
10. Nude stilettos: Leg lengthening and incredibly versatile, finish off your evening look with a pair of blush-coloured stilettos like these ones by Aldo Castagna (US $268). The platform provides comfort while the floral detail adds a flirtatious touch.
Catch more of Sonja’s great style on The Real Housewives of New York City, Tuesdays at 9pm only on Slice.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.