As a savvy and successful businesswoman, The Real Housewives of New York City‘s Heather Thomson has a personal style that reflects the many years she spent in the fashion industry as both a stylist and designer. Sleek and urban, Heather’s style is all about easy-to-wear pieces that exude confidence and cosmopolitan glamour.
If you’re looking to infuse your wardrobe with some of Heather’s Manhattan cool, here’s how you do it:
1. Patterned silk blouse: Perfect for a busy working mom managing her own company, a loose-fitting blouse like this one by Rebecca Taylor (US $245) is extremely versatile and looks great paired with a skirt or worn loose with a pair of skinnies. Forgiving it in its cut, this is a piece that looks sophisticated while concealing minor flaws.
2. Body-conscious knit dress: Sexy in its simplicity, a knit dress like this two-toned one by ALC ($615) can be worn with opaque tights and boots for day, or paired with some sexy heels for night.
3. Biker-inspired jacket: Add some downtown edge to your next meeting with a biker-inspired jacket like this one by Paul and Joe Sister (US $440) which features navy twill contrasted with buttery black leather detailing. The perfect mix of edge and elegance, this jacket looks equally as chic paired with a sheath dress for day as it does with your favorite casual pieces.
4. Stackable rings: When it comes to her jewellery, Heather loves to layer her pieces. This Iosselliani stacking mixed crystal ring set ($316) mix classic glamour with downtown cool for a layered, eclectic look.
5. Neutral carryall: Stash your daily essentials in a chic, neutral carryall like this one by Aldo ($60) and go from business meetings to playdates with ease.
6. Jewelled statement necklace: When it comes to dressing up, Heather likes to go bold. Add some pop to your little black dress with this Kate Spade glittering jewel-encrusted bib necklace ($398).
7. Studded gladiator heels: Tough and sexy at the same time, a pair of strappy, studded gladiator heels like these ones by Saint Laurent ($1,275) add just the right amount of edge to an outfit.
8. Delicate layering necklace: A fan of layering her necklaces, we imagine Heather would approve of this gold owl Wymana necklace ($15). Wear it alone or pair it with your other favourites for added effect.
9. Leather leggings: A surprisingly versatile piece, a pair of leather leggings like these ones by JOSEPH (US $803) look awesome paired with a silk shirt for day and can easily be dressed up for a night of cocktails with the girls.
Don’t miss the season finale of The Real Housewives of New York City, airing Tuesday at 9pm.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.