Everyone’s favorite Countess has undeniable style. Whether she’s attending a black-tie event or meeting a friend for coffee, this busy single mom of two always looks flawless, poised and regal. When it comes to her personal style, LuAnn loves to mix classic pieces that exude old-world sophistication with exotic statement jewellery, for a look that reflects her cosmopolitan lifestyle.
If you’re looking to inject your wardrobe with some of LuAnn’s aristocratic chic, here are some pieces to check out:
1. Little Black Dress: Whether you’re a Countess or a mere mortal like the rest of us, a little black dress is something everyone should have in their closet. This draped, Grecian-inspired black cocktail dress ($270) is the type of piece that you could easily dress up with different accessories.
2. White ruffled blouse: A flirty twist on the classic white shirt, a ruffle blouse like this one by Diego Reiga (US $168) is a crisp piece that’s both eye-catching and understated — perfect for a Countess who wants to get noticed while looking classy and chic.
3. Tweed jacket: Nothing says sophisticated and moneyed like a Chanel inspired tweed blazer. A sequin-trimmed boucle-tweed jacket like this one by Rebecca Taylor ($495) is the kind of piece you could wear in a formal situation or dress down with a pair of jeans for a cozy, afternoon holiday party.
4. Statement necklace: LuAnn likes to surprise us by pairing very classic pieces with eye-popping statement jewellery. Look like royalty in a bold, jewelled necklace like this one by Matthew Williamson (£350).
5. Black structured tote: LuAnn loves her black Birkin bag. However, for those of us who don’t see the point in paying the price of a sedan for a purse, this faux croc tote ($55) is a stylish alternative.
6. Gold watch: Timeless, sophisticated and named after a New York City landmark — this gold-plated Cooper Grand watch by Kate Spade (US $250) is perfect for keeping time while you’re on the go.
7. Red Jeans: At Sonja’s cocktail party in the season premiere, LuAnn stood out in a pair of red skinny jeans like these ones by Current/Elliott (US $290). Wear them to cocktail hour or pair them with a cute pair of flats for running around the Hamptons with your wealthy French boyfriend.
8. Pearls: Whether they’re real or faux, a strand of pearls is an accessory that never goes out of style. Pair a single strand of pearls like this Park Avenue Necklace by Manhattan Pearls (US $530) with a little black dress for a look that’s fit for NYC.
9. Embellished pointed-toe pump: A sexy take on the classic black pump, these Chinoiserie-inspired embroidered pumps ($80) exude exotic elegance.
Catch LuAnn in the latest episodes of RHONY on Slice.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.